Tempting Tuesdays ~ No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream


Hot nights and even hotter days have taken up residence in my neck of the woods. Something I always have to have in the freezer to help the kids beat the heat is ice cream. I have always loved homemade ice cream, but it can be such a pain to make. Not anymore! This genius recipe from I Wash... You Dry has only five ingredients and no churning required.


INGREDIENTS

2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate syrup
1 (8 oz) bag of Reese's miniature peanut butter cups or 12 regular sized peanut butter cups, chopped
3-4 Tbsp creamy peanut butter



Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan. I used my trusted Martha Stewart technique with some wax paper and binder clips.


Pour heavy whipping cream into medium sized bowl and whip until soft peaks form.


Add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup. Fold in until completely incorporated. Add peanut butter cups and fold in. Add creamy peanut butter and gently fold in. You want the peanut butter to swirl through the mixture.


Pour mixture into loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at for at least 5-6 hours. I went ahead and froze mine over night just to be safe the first time.


Pull out of the freezer when firm to the touch and scoop out. This is a bit creamier than traditional ice cream and sooooooo good.




I plan on mixing this recipe up a bit and trying it with strawberry syrup and fresh strawberries. I think it will be delicious as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment