Tempting Tuesdays ~ Triple Berry Smoothies



To round out my Summer Drink Series, I wanted to do something with a red, white, and blue theme. I found hundreds of recipes, but this one from In Katrina's Kitchen really caught my eye. As you can see, my blue looks more like purple and my red is more like pink, but that does not distract from the taste which is the important thing here. Right?

Ingredients

Blue layer:

1/2 cup milk or cranberry juice ( I used cranberry juice )
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 Tablespoon honey
3 oz yogurt ( I used Lemon Chobani )
ice

White layer:

1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon honey
6 oz yogurt ( I used Lemon Chobani )
ice

Red layer:

1/2 cup milk or cranberry juice
1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
1 Tablespoon honey
3 oz yogurt ( I used Lemon Chobani )
ice







Blend all ingredients for blue layer in blender. Divide into glasses for smoothies. If you want, you can also make these into popsicles. At this point you will need to place your sticks in the mixture if you are wanting popsicles. Place glasses or popsicle molds in freezer for at least ten minutes to freeze and the layer to set up to prevent blending with the next layer.


Next, blend all ingredients for white layer. Pour mixture into glasses or molds and return to the freezer for at least ten minutes.


Blend all ingredients for red layer. Pour mixture into glasses or molds and return to freezer for at least ten minutes. For popsicles, you might want to let these freeze for several hours just to make sure they are solid.

When you are ready to eat, remove from freezer and enjoy!






1 comments:

  1. Yum! I love smoothies and triple berry ones are the best! I'll have to try your recipe! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete