Tempting Tuesdays ~ Orange PushUp Smmothie



Back when I was a kid, my favorite thing to get from the ice cream truck was an orange pushup pop. I acquaint the taste and smell of oranges with long summer days spent riding around the neighborhood with my friends. We had so many adventures so it was nice to cool down with a tasty treat.

When I saw this recipe on Averie Cooks, I knew it was perfect to kick off my summer drink series. You can make this with alcohol or leave it out. Either way, it is delicious!

Ingredients

1 can orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed
1 cup milk
1/2 to 1 cup sugar (You can use a sugar substitute if you'd like.)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups ice

Optional

1 to 2 ounces of Rum, Marshmallow Vodka, Citron, or Gran Manier per smoothie


Combine all ingredients except ice and alcohol in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy to make sure all the sugar has dissolved and is completely incorporated.

Add ice and alcohol. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

*You can also pour this mixture into popsicle molds or ice cube trays then freeze for the traditional treat or freeze it in a bowl and eat it like orange sherbet.*





0 comments:

Post a Comment