Armchair BEA Day 1 ~ Introductions with @LindseyGray11


I can't believe the time has finally arrived! I've been looking forward to being part of Armchair BEA all year. This is my third year participating as an author and a blogger. So much has happened over the past year here on my blog and I hope you all like the new layout and look.

This year looks to be another spectacular one! Thanks to the Armchair BEA staff for organizing such a wonderful event for all of those who can't make it in person.


The agenda this year is packed full of fun. So let's kick this year off right with the answers to the burning questions the ABEA staff has come up with this year!

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

My name is Lindsey Gray. Some people call me crazy, but I only respond to Lindsey. I have so many titles, sometimes it is hard to keep count. I'm a wife, mom of two, an author, a blogger, a book formatter, and radio show host. I've been blogging for about four and a half years. I love to read and I've busted my goal for the year in April. I try to review several books a month and thank heaven for Goodreads or I would never keep it all straight. Check out My Blog Reviews shelf to see what I mean.


This year I've added another passion of mine to this blog. FOOD. Most Tuesdays I post Tempting Tuesdays, a fun and informative post giving step by step instructions of delicious recipes I find on the web. (Mostly on Pinterest.) I love finding yummy things to make while still having time to read and write.


It can be any sub genre of romance, it just has to have that love kick in there somewhere. I think my love for all things romance stems from my watching soap operas with my mom as a kid. I can remember watching Days of Our Lives everyday cuddled up with my mom. My favorite couple when I watched full time was Jack and Jennifer. Their love story was so crazy and complicated, but I loved it in the heyday. Plus, that show had all different kinds of romance, even paranormal. Remember when Marlena was possessed? Yeah, I can't bleach those yellow eyes from my brain.

Here are some of my favorites from the last year. Click covers to go to Goodreads.




Historical

AustenlandNellie (The Brides of San Francisco, #1)Annie (The Brides of San Francisco #2)Passion and Propriety (Hearts of Honour, Book 1)



Paranormal / Dystopian

The Thornless Rose (Elizabethan Time Travel #1)The One (The Selection, #3)Rue ToulouseUnscheduled Departure



Young Adult

The SeventhCassidy Jones and the Luminous (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #4)Held (Gone, #2)




Contemporary

Bride in Bloom (The Beachy Bride, #1)In Your Dreams (Blue Heron #4)Another Shot at Love (What's Love???, #1)Tucked AwayBeautiful Secret (Beautiful Bastard, #4)


3. What is the book at the top of your TBR pile?

I actually have two and I'm not sure which one I'm going to read first. One is a dystopian audiobook and the other is a historical, so I guess it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in the next time I get a me break.


Duty and Desire (Hearts of Honour, #2)The Heir (The Selection, #4)

4. What are you most looking forward to reading this summer.

C.L. Parker is releasing the first book in her new Monkey Business Trio, Playing Dirty. I loved her Million Dollar Duet books so I'm excited to see what she brings with this new series.


Playing Dirty (Monkey Business Trio, #1)

5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what author would you take with you and why?

Technically, author isn't his main gig, but since he has published more books than I have, I'm going with survivalist Bear Grylls. If he can't get us off the island he can at least keep us alive with his infinite knowledge of the great wild world.





Today is just day one. I look forward to blogging throughout Armchair BEA 15 and chatting with all of you.


Make sure to join us for our Twitter parties. Last year was such a blast! I can't wait to join in again this year.

May 28th, 2015 at 8:30 PM EST
May 29th, 2015 at 9:30 AM EST
May 30th, 2015 at 5:00 PM EST

If you are a fellow ABEA15 blogger, leave your introduction links in the comments.



Comments

  1. Aw I like romance too! It always adds a little spice to the fantasy or contemporary books that I read. Those are some awesome book recommendations I'm looking forward too, thanks! Hope you have a blast at ABEA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Aila!

      Delete
  2. I'd take someone who wrote books about building ships. That would be almost as handy as your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I think Bear Grylls is a wise choice... reminds me to read his book on my kindle too.
    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment