#ArmchairBEA Day 2 ~ More Than Just Words


More Than Just


Today were are exploring the different mediums that expand the stories that we love. There are so many ways to tell a story including graphic novels, comic books, audiobooks, and even multimedia novels. I have found two publishers who've each taken a series of novels and presented them in a whole new way for their readers to enjoy.


+++



Harlequin has been a name synonamous with Romance novels since they began publishing. So, it is no wonder that they are pushing the envelope by creating the digital world of The Chatsfield Hotel to go along with The Chatsfield Miniseries of eight books.


The Chatsfield stories begin when global hotel entrapenure, Gene Chatsfield, turns the reigns over to a new CEO. Gene's children are in for a rude awakening as the hotel changes in ways they never expected. The story continues each month as a new book is released. To date, three books have been released with five more still to come.



Check in to The Chatsfield HERE

After you've checked in, you can explore the hotel and all learn about the characters from the series. Get the scoop from Chatfield executive assistant, Jessie Loe, on all the comings and goings of the hotel. Step into her office and even read her emails for an extra insight. 

Take a seat in the hotel bar and chat up resident mixologist, Daniel Northman. Check back weekly for the recipe for Daniel's new Cocktail of the Week.

Go along with chambermaid, Ally, as she digs up the best dirt in each guest room.

Take Adam Brightman up on his invite to join him for a party in the Penthouse Suite.

Even email or check out their Twitter feeds to see what's really going on daily at The Chatsfield.

If you choose, you can receive email updates including links to Jessie video blog.

Nothing is sacred at The Chatsfield and you can be part of every unique minute of it.


Currently Released (Click covers to be taken to GoodReads book profile)

Engaged at the Chatsfield (The Chatsfield, #0.5)Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)Playboy's Lesson (The Chatsfield, #2)



Coming Soon


Socialite's Gamble (The Chatsfield, #3)
June 1st, 2014
Billionaire's Secret (The Chatsfield, #4)
July 1st, 2014
Tycoon's Temptation (The Chatsfield, #5)
August 1st, 2014

Plus Rival's Challenge on September 1st, 2014, Rebel's Bargin on October 1st, 2014, and Heiress's Defiance on November 1st, 2014.



+++


Now, when they say "There's an app for that", they mean books too.

Omnific author, Debra Anastasia, has taken her Poughkeepsie series to your mobile device. 



For $12.99 on iTunes, you get to experience the world of Blake and Livia in a way you never imagined. 


Self-contained in this app 

•complete novel Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

•author/director’s pop-up commentary

•music by Ron Pope, Rustic Overtones, Monoxide G, Violet 
Winter, Bo Heart, and Jeff Epstein and the City Line Singers

•more than 100 images to enhance the story

•videos of your favorite characters in action

•special animation

•sound effects

•interviews with the characters, author, and more

•interactive games

•trailers for the Poughkeepsie Brotherhood series

•how-to knitting instructions

•how-to instructions for making a paper rose

•recipe for the dinner Livia makes for Blake



Pretty great deal for less than a price of a meal out. Five stars for this intuitive new app for the digital book lover.


+++


This is just day 2 of ABEA! Keep up all week as we all post, tweet, post pics, and more.



Comments

  1. Oh, it's been years since I read a Harlequin novel! I imagine they have changed a lot since I read boxes of them that were being donated to a library out in Iowa! (Hey, if books are stored in my living room, I have to read them!) Hope you have fun with Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harlequin has really evolved. They have some amazing new writers and are making strides in bringing the words off the page. Check out some of their great reads. http://www.harlequin.com/

      Delete
  2. I love your post. I write historical romance but I have to admit it's been years since I've read a Harlequin novel. My great grandmother use to buy box full of Harlequin novels at fleamarkets and auctions when I was a child. I can remember watching her read them. My mom wasn't a fan of them and tried to sway me away from romance books. I started reading Harlequin when I was in college. I don't read them anymore, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mother still has a few boxes of Harlequin's in her basement. LOL. You should give them another look. They have what they call a "Romance for every mood". Their imprints include Blaze, Desire, Intrigue, Medical Romance, Nocturne, and my favorite, Kiss.

      Delete
  3. What a cool idea for combining multi-media with books. I hadn't experienced reading anything like this before. I love the idea! It kind of makes me think of the Lizzie Bennett Diaries video project on YouTube, which is a Pride & Prejudice retelling. All the characters had Tumblrs and Twitter accounts that were an extension of the show; it was a pretty neat thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lizzie Bennett Diaries. I need to watch them again. I love how John and Hank Green have expanded on the idea and created Pemberley Digital. They now have more Austen-esque series, like "Welcome to Sanditon" and "Emma Approved". Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

      Delete
  4. Wow - I had no idea how inventive books/publishers are getting with making their books mult-media! That is seriously awesome. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty cool. I think as The Chatsfield series continues, the virtual hotel will be a really fun place to hang out.

      Delete
  5. Those both sound fascinating and I had no idea that anyone was doing anything like that. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The publishing industry is coming up with something new every day. It's really exciting!

      Delete
  6. Wow I have never seen books like this before! That's so awesome! Thanks for the heads up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment