Feeding My Kindle ~ New Finds



I've been itching to add a few tasty reads to my Kindle and I think the selection this week will do the trick.

If I haven't said it before, besides my own publishers, I love the books from Entangled Publishing. So much I added three more of their titles to my Kindle this week.


Wife for Hire (For Hire, #1)He needs a wife for three weeks…

Owen Phipps is out for revenge. His mission? To expose the man who stole his sister's money and dignity. All he needs is a "wife" who can play along. Too bad his last best hope is an actress who tries to mace him with perfume when he offers her the role of a lifetime.

Lindy Knight is a real sap. She loves too hard, feels too deep, and often finds herself saying yes when she should be saying "Let me think about it." She can't believe her good fortune when Owen offers her more than enough money to hold off foreclosure until she can find a job. Three weeks at a resort, money she desperately needs, and she gets to help bring a criminal to justice? Score.

It seems easy enough until a couples bonding game turns intimate, and they realize how dangerous their mutual attraction could be. Can they keep their hands to themselves long enough to find the evidence Owen needs? Or are the close quarters more temptation than they can handle?



Not The Marrying KindWho said marriage had to be convenient?

LA party planner Poppy Collins has kept her side business—planning divorce parties as the Divorce Diva—under wraps, but keeping her sister's company afloat is proving tougher by the day. When a new divorce party prospect gives Poppy the opportunity to save the day and boost her bottom line, she can't pass it up. But this time, she's about to get way more than she bargained for…

Vegas golden boy Beck Blackwood knows Poppy's secret, and he's not afraid to use it to get exactly what he wants—a wife. With his reputation and corporate expansion plans on the line, the only way he can repair the damage is by getting hitched, and fast. And if blackmail is the only way to get Poppy to the altar, then so be it…

But they're in the city of high stakes, and Poppy has a few aces up her sleeve. Now it's time to find out if they're playing to win…or if they're playing for keeps.




Pushing the Limits
When a case of mistaken identity puts Cade Tucker in the wrong place at the right time, he can't believe his luck. Drawn to the beautiful Julia McCormack, he flirts his way into her bed and they welcome the New Year together.

Though they agreed their time together was no-strings-attached, first-name basis only, Julia's having a hard time letting go of the best sex she ever had. She dives into work at her corporate law firm, hoping to get her mind off the man who rocked her world.

Then Julia finds out the senior partner has appointed a new attorney to work with her on her biggest case, and her co-counsel will be Cade Tucker. Her plans to make partner are in serious jeopardy when she and Cade disagree on the best legal strategy for their case.

What will happen when they can no longer fight their desire, and the company's strict non-fraternization policy threatens both of their jobs?




Now, for a little downstairs/upstairs switch . . .

Doubting AbbeySwapping downstairs for upstairs… How hard can it be?

Look up the phrase ordinary girl and you’ll see a picture of me, Gemma Goodwin – I only look half-decent after applying the entire contents of my make-up bag, and my dating track-record includes a man who treated me to dinner…at a kebab shop. No joke!
The only extraordinary thing about me is that I look EXACTLY like my BFF, Abbey Croxley. Oh, and that for reasons I can’t explain, I’ve agreed to swap identities and pretend be her to star in the TV show about her aristocratic family’s country estate, Million Dollar Mansion. 


So now it’s not just my tan I’m faking – it’s Kate Middleton style demure hemlines and lady-like manners too. And amongst the hundreds of fusty etiquette rules I’m trying to cram into my head, there are two I really must remember; 1) No-one can ever find out that I’m just Gemma, who’d be more at home in the servants quarters. And 2) There can be absolutely no flirting with Abbey’s dishy but buttoned-up cousin, Lord Edward.


Aaargh, this is going to be harder than I thought.


Add a little angst . . .

Find Her, Keep Her: A Martha's Vineyard Love StoryFate leads a heartbroken travel writer into the arms of her soulmate but will a secret destroy their whirlwind romance? Travel writer, Daisy Blanchard has just discovered the worst news ever. Her boyfriend is now engaged to her best friend! And to add insult to injury, she learned about the blessed event through a Facebook status update. Desperate to escape her life in shambles, Daisy takes a spur-of-the-moment assignment to Martha's Vineyard where she immediately catches the eyes of Belmont Lord, a wealthy businessman and world traveler. Thanks to Belmont's relentless pursuit, they fall hard and fast for each other. However, Belmont has a secret, which is revealed after Daisy receives an unexpected and unwelcomed visit from the last two people in the world she wants to see. Their steamy love affair comes to a grinding halt. It was the hand of fate that led him to find her but will fate also allow him keep her?


Now my Kindle is full. Let me know of any great reads you found this week.


0 comments:

Post a Comment