Welcome to the Indie Block Party!


Over the next two weeks, I will posting all kinds of interesting tidbits about myself, my writing, and other fabulous indie authors as part of the Indie Block Party. Check out the main party page HERE.

For those of you who don't know who I am, let me introduce myself.






My name is Lindsey Gray. I am a wife, mother of two, author, book reviewer, and about a hundred other things. As of this post, I have published three full-length novels and a short story through The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House and self-published one novella. I hope to have two more short stories published by the end of the year. I have several projects lined up after these two, but I'm not sure in what order they will be accomplished.










How about a little Q&A?


 Why did you start writing?

When I was younger, I had a very active imagination and watched way too many daytime soap operas. As I was a bit of an introvert, I expressed myself the best way I knew how, through my writing. If you can believe it, I wrote a 100 page story (all typed in caps because I hated to take a break to use that little button) at the age of twelve. It was actually a teen romance about a young girl of privilege who falls in love with a boy from the wrong side of tracks. The actual writing structure was a bit off, but the plot and characterization was fairly solid. I kept writing on the computer and tons of notebooks for years before I had the courage to actually put my work out there.


What are your favorite genres to write?

I have a love for all things romance. Two of my novels are Paranormal Romance which gives me the chance to spread my creative wings about all those beings we know and love. While I believe Contemporary Romance is easier to write, Paranormal Romance is a challenge that I will most likely take on for many years to come.

What is your blog about?

My blog consists of book reviews and promotions for other authors as well as myself. I have just started participating in events such as the Indie Block Party to spread my blogging wings. I also contribute to a couple other blogs as an author and reviewer.

What do you do when you are not writing or blogging?

More often than not I am hanging out with my family. I've been married for over ten years to the most supportive man I could have ever dreamed of. We have two awesome kids, a nine-year-old daughter and four-year-old son. They all keep my life very busy and incredibly full.  Otherwise I'm usually reading. My favorites are Contemporary and Paranormal Romance, but I'm beginning to catch on to the New Adult craze and have been sneaking a few of those in here and there.

So, that's me. Well, a little bit of me. Keep coming back to get some exclusive looks into my stories and what I'm working on.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey,
    Wanted to say hi and nice to meet you. Good luck with your projects.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey,

    I've been sneaking in some NA reading and writing as well. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsey,

    Great intro! Nice to see you juggling so many things in your life.

    By all means, send me your email id - I'm your neighbor above you in the linky list and need to send you something :) The email id on your contact page didn't work.

    Best
    Hemanth Gorur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in Lindsey, see you around the block

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Lindsey, looking forward to reading your posts over the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to have a very full life, that's really exciting.
    I like to read romance but I have no idea how to write one. I'm looking forward to your other posts.

    ReplyDelete