Feeding My Kindle ~ July 8th, 2013





Did you miss me last week? I skipped a week due to the blog tour for my novella, "Fireworks". I had a lot of fun and got some great feedback. So now you get an extra full edition this week!

PURCHASED


Her Knight in Black Leather



This seems to be an interesting tale of a young, bookworm girl suffering a broken heart. She's taken out to drink her troubles away but ends up the damsel in distress to the knight in black leather with troubles of his own. 








Losing It (Losing It, #1)






I had seen this book around for awhile and I finally took a look at it. I turns out I could really relate to the main character, Bliss. She was a performing arts major as I was in college. It brought back a lot of fond memories and gave me a great story in the process.






Faking It (Losing It, #2)
I read the next in the series straight after I finished "Losing It". This story gives us a look into the life of Cade, the guy BFF of Bliss. Forced to give up the idea of Bliss as his future wife, Cade is pretty miserable. When he meets tattooed singer/bar tender/cage dancer, Mackenzie "Max" Miller and agrees to pretended to be her boyfriend for her straight laced parents, his entire world changes. This story, unlike "Losing It", is told from both Cade and Max's points of view. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
The Avery Shaw Experiment








This book intrigued me like "The Boyfriend App" did. Avery is trying to get over the broken heart she has suffered due to her best male friend. She decides to do an experiment to mend her broken heart. Since her BFF was the cause, she turns to his older brother to be her partner. I see a little angst and a love match here. I'm excited to give it a read.



Beautiful Monster



Hollywood bad boy, Liam, gives up the spotlight and ends up teaching at Amy's local boarding school. Of course Liam is hiding something and I'm very intrigued to find out what it is.
Nothing Stays In Vegas















I love a good Vegas story so there was no way I was going to pass this one up. Lexi's life and marriage are in shambles. She's forced to return to Las Vegas for her best friend's wedding and in doing so, face her past in the form of her son's father.










A French Affair
Sydney is in Northern France to get some work done on her novel. Handsome land owner, Harry, gives her a quite place to work. She thinks he's married, but when she learns the truth, will she have some real life experiences to write about?







Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)


After leaving home, Maddie transformed herself into rocker Rain Maxwell. Years later she is called home to be Maddie once again. Bandmate Colton has been stuck in the friend zone since joining Rain's band. When he learns the hell Rain is going through, Colton will do anything to make her realize his love is worth it.






Hollywood Lies



This one is one of the books I'm reading for the July TWCS Book Club. I've read the "Old Wounds" series by NK Smith and I'm looking forward to this Hollywood heartbreak story. Devon is cast in a new hit movie series and is publicly linked to his co-star, Lilianna. She's not who Devon yearns for. Instead his affections are shared by the director, Collette. Sounds extra yummy!





Her Sudden Groom (The Grooms, #1)
This is a historical romance that had me hooked from page one. This is the first in Gordon's "The Grooms" series, but several characters from two of her other series, "Banks Brothers Bride" and "Scandalous Sisters", make an appearance. Alex has only four weeks to find his own bride or marry the horrid Lady Olivia. When he arrives to chat with Olivia's brother, Marcus, about the marriage contract their fathers drunkenly drafted years earlier, he finds his would-be bride in Marcus and Olivia's cousin, Caroline. Wooing ensues. Highly recommended 5 star read!




Her Reluctant Groom (The Grooms, #2)As soon as I was done with "Her Sudden Groom" I had to buy and read book 2 of the series, "Her Reluctant Groom". I was dying to know more about Marcus from the first book. This is the story of Marcus and the woman who loves him despite his horrible scars and previous engagement to her sister. After being kicked out of her sister's house when her brother-in-law tries to force himself on her, Emma Green has nowhere to go. She turns to her friend Caroline at first, but she soon finds herself in the home of Marcus. This story has plenty of angst, but a happily ever after. Another 5 star read. I might have to check out the next two in the series and all of Gordon's other stories.



We Are Made of Stardust (Peaches Monroe, #1)
Another Hollywood heart-throb story. This time, Hollywood hunk, Dalton, runs into Petra's bookstore to avoid the press. He tags along with her to her cousin's wedding and the chemistry begins.









Bound to me


This is a concept I had never heard of before and I'm certain never existed. Veronica is fed up with her life an decides to treat herself to a tattoo for her 18th birthday. The little dragon on her shoulder becomes Liam, a shape shifter. He becomes her lifeline and protector. The question is, will he eventually become what he was initially made for, just a tattoo?







Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #1)
Claire dropped out of college for reasons unknown. Adam, one of her flirty customers from the cafe she works at, wants to know why. He comes up with a bet for the two of them. If he gets out of her why she left college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn't, she will keep her secret and he will stop bugging her about it. I have a feeling Adam is the kind of guy who can make you do things you wouldn't normally do.






Wow, what a great two weeks. I read "Losing It", "Faking It", "Saving Grace", "Pretending He's Mine", "Her Sudden Groom", and "Her Reluctant Groom". I read another story that I really should have given up on, but by the time I said "just one more chapter and it will get better", it ended. I didn't think that one was worth mentioning. I've got plenty more good ones to fill my kindle's insatiable belly and will report back next Monday.



0 comments:

Post a Comment