Feeding My Kindle ~ July 15th, 2013


I went a little nutty one day this week and got several cheap and free books that caught my eye. I am counting up the number of books as I do this post, so we will see how many we have once we get to the bottom.

The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1)This one caught my attention because it had the word "Billionaire" in the title. As I read the summary, I thought it is a great premise. After her mother's death, Callie find out she is the daughter of a presidential candidate. His step-son, Dylan, offers to check her out to make sure she isn't a fame hound. He finds the woman attractive and inviting feelings he didn't expect.




The Way They WereI'm a sucker for a second chance story. I've even written a few of my own. This one follows a couple separated for 14 years, but each has kept one day of the year to think about each other. As one tragedy tore them apart, another brings them together.





Knight & Play (Knight, #1)

This story has been compared to "Fifty Shades" and "Bared to You", so I thought I might give it a try. Sophie becomes the PA to Lucien, the CEO of Knight, Inc., an adult entertainment company. After she finds out her hubby is cheating on her, Sophie gives into the insane sexual desire she has for Lucien.






She's With StupidI also love a good wedding story, particularly when the wedding party is the focus and not the bride or groom. Kate is dreading her duties as maid of honor for her BFF's wedding. She thinks Emilie is marrying the totally wrong guy, yet Emilie basically wants Kate to give up her life to plan it all. On top of that, Kate has to figure out her feelings for her first love, Ethan, who happens to be in the wedding party.




Opposites Attack: A Novel Inspired by True Events
Changing My WardrobeThis one reminds me a bit of the movie "French Kiss" with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. Alyce flies 4,000 mile to learn French and sophistication to win back her boyfriend when she encounters Jean-Luc. The summary promises food fun and fish-out-of-water sweetness. It is also apparently based on true events.






Even as I trudge through my 30's, I can't seem to stay away from the high school drama stories. At first glance, this seems to be about an issue that is so prevalent today, bullying. Can a young girl change her life just by changing what she wears? I don't know, but I'll take a read and see what this author has to say about it.






An Undeniable Rogue (Rogues Club, #1)Since I seem to be on a historical romance kick, I thought I would give this one a try. Poor Sabrina has had a horrible life. Sold by her father to her first husband at only age 18. Six years later, her husband is dead and she is eight months pregnant. Gideon, Duke of Stanthorpe, promises his dying friend, Bryce, that he will wed Sabrina and take care of her. When he returns home to find his bride in a delicate condition, his world changes more than just a little.








MasqueradeThe very idea of a Masquerade had me seek further information on this one. Sophie has been burned by her former fiance and has vowed off romance with the men she works with. A Masquerade Ball and a meeting with Alex have her rethinking her vow. The two later find themselves working side by side in a busy emergency room. Hum, wonder if they will be playing doctor. I'll just have to read it and find out.






The Wedding GambleThis one was just released by Entangled Publishing. Since I have read a few of their other authors and loved them, I thought I'd take a gamble. Sweet, pre-school teacher, Laura, is at her sister's bachelorette party in Vegas. She gets pulled off the strip by undercover FBI agent, David, and they end up married to keep his cover. What David thinks will be a simple fix for his problems turns into a lot more as Laura has to stay by his side to keep them both from getting killed.





Her First BillionaireOkay, so I don't usually go for the threesome stories. I wrote one once upon a time, but find they can get a bit messy. This one seemed different though. Laura puts a truthful ad on an online dating site and is surprised when firefighter, Dylan, responds. Dylan and his "unconventional partner", Mike, are still dealing with the loss of their girlfriend, Jill, a year before. When Jill died, she left her very large estate to Dylan and Mike. Now that the two men have dealt with their grief, they are looking for an honest lady in their lives. Maybe Laura can help them both out.




The BreakupThis is a slightly different breakup tale. Aja breaks it off with her controlling boyfriend with the flick of a knife. She doesn't kill him, but her family and the press are on her back to make him pay for his transgressions. She escapes it all by flying to Italy and attempts to start over. What she doesn't know is that her ex is hot on her tail.








What I Didn't SayAnother high school drama, but this time told from the guy's point of view. Jake makes a mistake the night he drinks only the second beer he's ever had in his life. He takes off with his two friends to confess his love for fellow classmate, Samantha. The boys end up in a horrible accident which leaves Jake without his vocal cords and no chance of ever speaking again. When Samantha is chosen as his independent study instructor for sign language, Jake thinks he might have a chance to confess what he didn't have the chance to say.







The Billionaire's Obsession: The Complete CollectionThis is actually a collection of four novellas. Of course the "Billionaire" in the title along with the hottie on the cover caught my attention. Kara is a struggling nursing student and waitress at the restaurant billionaire Simon's mother owns. He's watched her from afar for a year and when she practically collapses on her way home one night, Simon is there to catch her. From that moment on, Simon's obsession falls for him hard.







Lucky number 13 this week! Wow, I'm not sure I will get to each one, but it will be fun trying. This week I read "What I Didn't Say", "The Billionaire's Obsession", "Undeniable Rouge", "The Wedding Gamble", "Nothing Stays in Vegas", and "The Avery Shaw Experiment". I would rec all of them.

Until next week, enjoy the read!


0 comments:

Post a Comment