Armchair Book Expo of America Day 5 ~ Children's Literature

I wasn't sure if I was going to do this post or not. I don't have much to say for my reading habits as a child. There were only two books I read over and over. They were "A Light in the Attic" and "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein. My favorite poems are "Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too",  "Me-Stew", and "Sick".



 As I started reading to my kids, I rediscovered the joys of Dr. Seuss. Most people love "The Cat in the Hat", by my fav by far is "Fox in Socks". I'm really great at tongue twisters and this book flows almost like a song. I love to sing/rap it to my kids.


A favorite of my daughter's is "Ladybug Girl". It's beautiful illustrated and has a simple, yet meaningful adventure of the girl and her dog.
Now that my daughter is entering the Middle Grade genre, we are loving the Poison Apple Series published by Scholastic. These are her favorites: "At First Bite", "The Dead End" and "Her Evil Twin".







As for Young Adult novels, I can not recommend The Cassidy Jones Series by Elise Stokes enough. It is amazing and gets better with each book.

1 comments:

  1. Silverstein and Seuss are absolute classics. I have purchased some of the Poison Apple series, but haven't read them. I should give them a try. I haven't seen the Cassidy Jones so will keep an eye out for them. I read a ton of children's and young adult lit so it was hard for me to narrow my list down, but I tried.

    It is really fun to see so many blogs during Armchair BEA.

    Crystal - Reading Through Life http://readingtl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete