Armchair Book Expo of America Day 1 ~ Introductions


This is my first year to be a participant and sponsor in the Armchair BEA. Since I am unable to attend the BEA that is going on this week in New York, I'm looking forward to connecting to people through this opportunity.

Today is about introductions. Here are a few things the Armchair BEA organizers thought you might like to know.



1.            Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 

Who am I is a very philosophical question, but in essence I’m a woman with a very vivid imagination who wants to share it with the world. I can be classified as a wife, a mother, and an author, but most times, I find myself in a class of my own. I started blogging when I released my first novel in December of 2010. It’s taken me awhile to hit my stride, but I’m finally getting the hang of it.

2.            What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013? 

Wow, you really know how to ask the hard questions. I haven’t started a new book yet today, but have several choices just waiting for me on my Kindle. My favorite overall read so far this year is the YA novel “Cassidy Jones and the Seventh Attendant” by Elise Stokes.
It is the third in the series of this teenage mutant superhero. I can’t give enough praise for this series. I gobble up each book as soon as I get it. Others that are very high on my list are:



3.            Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. 

I love books, that is a given, but I’m also a huge movie buff. I’ve watched movies that have changed my life and others I wish I could get those few hours back. One thing through my movie watching that has stayed constant is my irrational hatred of everything related to Kevin Bacon. 

I don’t know why but the guy just gets on my last nerve. I already had this hatred when “Wild Things” came out and I think his brief full-frontal appearance fueled my hatred even more. I would’ve much rather seen Matt Dillon flashing his man parts. I even tried to watch Mr. Bacon’s new series, “The Following”. I loved the plot and the other characters, but just couldn’t make it through the entire season. I’m sure everyone just has that one person they can’t seem to like no matter the circumstance. For me, Mr. Bacon has been cast in that role.





4.            Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).

            For great book reviews and suggestions, I depend on Parajunkee's View, Ali's Bookshelf, Feeding My Lovely Addiction, and Love N. Books. As I’m also a mom and have a weird fascination with DIY, I love Lil' Luna {All Things Good}. She gives out recipes, DIY ideas, and helpful hints for busy moms. She also posts often and there is always something I’m interested in.


5.            If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? 
Well . . . since I’m also a Twilight junkie, it would probably be Edward Cullen so I could just stare at him and his sparkly skin. Other than someone to just drool over, I would love to have dinner with some of my own characters. They talk and jabber in my mind, but sitting next to them and experiencing them separate from myself would be amazing.



That is just day 1. Stay tuned the rest of the week for more Armchair BEA goodness.

27 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey! It's great getting to know a little more about you. Enjoy your week at ArmchairBEA.

    You can read my post here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Elite also, it was one of my most anticipated of 2013, Edward is also a great choice for dinner, I definitely wouldn't mind that. Enjoy Armchair BEA.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spent way too much time thinking about Edward, so maybe a dinner with him would get it out of my system. Probably not. LOL.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I really want to start the Elite series :) Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Selection was my favorite for 2012. The Elite (which is book 2 of the series) is a very close second to Cassidy Jones. Read it. You won't regret it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. You hate Kevin Bacon? You are the first person I have ever 'met' who hates him. Personally I am a fan, but everyone has their preferences! Hope you enjoy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird. I have no justified reason to dislike him, but I just do. LOL

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Lol, Kevin Bacon! I haven't read a single book you mentioned...though I think I own one of the Cassidy Jones books on my Kindle.
    Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cassidy Jones! Book 3 just came out and now I'm reading the first book with my nine-year-old daughter. Cassidy is so much fun. If you get a chance, give it a read.

      Delete
  6. I am lolling so hard over your Kevin Bacon hate. But first I was like: YES! The man is creepy. Everything about him is creepy. I loved The Following, but the entire time I was watching, I was more scared of him than the serial killer. If Kevin Bacon strolled into my house in the middle of the night, I would pee myself and then just sit there crying until forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, he just totally rubs me the wrong way. Glad to finally find someone who understands.

      Delete
  7. So I'm guessing you don't like Footloose lol. It would be fun to see Edward Cullen in real life. And I haven't read The Elite yet, but that's on my tbr for next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Footloose fan either. I think my favorite Kevin Bacon movie is "Hollow Man" and that is because he was invisible for 90% of it.

      Delete
  8. Wow, I have heard great things about "The Following." Glad I am not Bacon adverse. We have been blogging about the same amount of time. It is also nice to read someone who is about as old as you in blog years. I love day one of ABEA! So many new people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been blogging for a while but have just hit my stride recently. This is my first ABEA so I'm finding a whole other universe is out there.

      Delete
  9. I'm a big time movie geek, too. My husband and I see at least a movie a week in the theaters and watch several at home. It seems like books and movies tend to go hand in hand. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Edward lover!!!

    Here let me hug you -hugssssssssssssss-

    Aaaaaannnnd.
    Hi!!!! Hope you enjoy ArmchairBEA.

    Thanks for stopping by BookPics today ;)

    You're an author? Yay!! And nice to meet another person that follows Rachel ;) I mean, Parajunkee ;) hehehe
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you as well! Yes, I am a Twihard and an author. I write my own stuff and promote other authors. I love finding indie gems and letting people know about them. Also, Parajunkee does totally rock!

      Delete
  11. I still have yet to read THE SELECTION series. I've heard it is really good. It's somewhere on my TBR list! I absolutely love your answer to #3. I laughed pretty hard. I'm not a huge fan of him either. Your answer would be mine to Jim Carrey. Apart from The Grinch, I can't stand to watch anything he's in. I find him a bit arrogant and a little too over the top for my tastes. The picture you picked out is perfect. Just look at that smirk. Oh, Edward Cullen. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see Jim Carey too, but I loved "The Truman Show".

      I can not pimp The Selection Series enough. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I can't wait for book 3.

      As for Edward, well . . . I've thought about that scenario way too much. LOL

      Delete
  12. I was quite in love with Edward for a while after reading those books, lol. Great choice for a dinner guest!

    Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dinner with Edward would be a thrill, but what would we eat? LOL

      Delete
  13. Hi Lindsey! Hopping back! :)
    Love the intro. I'm an author too. Though I started blogging before I published. I queried on the side to agents/pubs for a long time while I was blogging before I decided in late 2011 that I would self-pub for personal reasons. So now I'm a blogger and an author. Sometimes people ask me if it's awkward. Not at all! :) I think we're entitled to our opinions just like a regular reader, too. :) Reading and writing are also my passions so I relate with you.

    Anyways. I like Kevin Bacon. But there are several films where I didn't like him in it. And I wasn't interested in The Following so I never bothered with the show. I totally get it though. I have those same feelings toward Keanue Reeves or however you spell his name. I can't stand anything he's in. I don't know what it is...but he annoys me. Hahaha. So I understand what you're saying.


    And Parajunkee was the first ever blog I discovered in the blog community when I started out. I am so thankful to her. :D

    Thanks again for stopping by the blog! Hope you have a great ABEA! :)

    <3
    Pixie
    http://the-bookaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your the first author/blogger I've encountered outside of my circle. YIPPIE, a kindred spirit. It's so much fun doing both. I've published 3 novels and a short story through my publisher, The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House. I'm self-publishing for the first time in June. It's a 4th of July themed contemporary romance novella, "Fireworks". I'm doing it myself just due to the fact I wasn't done writing it in time to submit it to the publisher for a release before the holiday this year. *Fingers Crossed* I have a good experience. So far so good. I have several things in the works after that so I will be keeping myself busy writing and blogging.

      I'm following your blog now so we can keep in touch. Have a great ABEA!

      Delete
  14. I am also a Twilight junkee. Though I would have to say I like Jacob better Edward. The Twilight Saga is the first books I read that really got me into the booklover I am now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tell you that I hated Jacob until "Breaking Dawn". I guess getting inside his head helped me understand him a bit better. I understood the purpose for Jacob to be there in the series, but for the first three books I just wanted him to go away. I know most members of Team Edward could never be swayed, but with the series complete, I do have a soft spot for Jake.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete