Flasher Fiction Fridays! "Surprise!"

It's time to get flashed once again! Here is my contribution for this week. A picture prompt in only 100 words. Check out what others had to say about this pic HERE


"Surprise!" by Lindsey Gray

     I had spent hours squeezing into a gown I never thought would fit, strapped on six inch stiletto heels that would certainly be the death of me, and fixed my hair on top of my head, spraying it with enough hair spray to cement it forever. Now, making my way, in the dark, to the spot my boyfriend had directed me to meet him at seven o'clock.
     Then, like the angel of grace that I am, I trip on those heels and land on my ass, in the dark.
     “Surprise!” A bright light shines. “Happy Birthday!”
     “Shit.”

17 comments:

  1. Too funny! She should have left off the shoes. But I imagine that would be a tad embarrassing! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, how embarrassing. Lights come on, and she’s on her ass looking mad. I enjoyed your take on the pic. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation! Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! that poor thing. Great visuals though Lindsey.

    loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. Very funny. I'd be tripping over those six inch heels too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *snort* just get up and act like you meant to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice set up and imagery. Great fff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when that happens, being the angel of grace aint't easy. I can only imagine the tongue lashing he got for that ill-advised surprise. Very good Lindsey, very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL This was sooo good. I can totally relate to the poor woman. I have spent more time on my ass due to clumsiness that a 2 dollar lady of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved it!
    I'm a klutz myself so I feel for her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have trouble with 4 inchers...geez! roflmao Great FFF! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Lindsey. And love the new look of your blog, so festive! That's totally something I would do and one reason this girl does NOT wear heels - fuck-me or otherwise. ;)

    It's enough to live vicariously through some of my characters who do wear them. *haha*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute take on such a serious photo. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete