Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is the first of hopefully many posts. Take a minute to look around and click on all the pages. The My Books page gives you a summary of each of my books and also has the “Redemption” trailer. The Characters page is where I will be posting character bios from all my stories. I will be posting “Redemption” bios over the next couple of weeks starting tomorrow, May 13th, with Lily Edwards. The Out-takes page is where I'll be posting just that, out-takes. “Lies Inside” was originally 30,000 words longer than the published version, so I will be posting some of my favorite things that didn't make the cut. I'm also working on a back story out-take for “Redemption” called “The Gideon Complex”. The Order page has a list of links where you can find and purchase the books. The Reviews page is where I have reviews for the books, including the first “Redemption” review that I saw for the first time today. If you would like to include yours, just let me know. You can do that with the info on my Contact page. I welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions. I will be doing a blog tour June 13th to the 24th. If you would like to be included, contact Donna at donna@thewriterscoffeeshop.com. My sidebar also has some goodies on it. I have links to my FaceBook, Twitter, and Goodreads as well as My Musical Inspiration playlists.

Now that you know my blog a little, let me give you a glimpse at me. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I have hundreds of handwritten stories sitting in storage containers from my childhood. Some good, some...not so much. As I matured, so did my writing. My topics and story lines became more intricate and I was able to broaden my mind.

Once I hit high school, my writing began to tapper off due to being bitten...hard. The acting bug took a strong hold and has yet to let go. I had been taking vocal lessons for a few years at that time so it was off to give musical theater a try. My first big role came in the form of Miss Lynch in the musical “Grease”. I went on to play roles in “Jesus Christ Superstar”, “Fiddler on the Roof”, “Into the Woods”, and “The Sound of Music”.

Through all those experiences my life was set on a path, a path that took more than a few turns and hundreds of bumps and potholes. I wouldn't have it any other way though. Even though my writing took a backseat to life for many years, I was able to bring my experiences to it and become the writer I am today. If my life hadn't sunk into those potholes, I wouldn't have been able to rise up to meet my husband and create our two beautiful children with him. So, no regrets.

I am excited at this point in my life that I have the chance to write and share it with the rest of the world. I actually began writing my novel, “Redemption”, in 2008, but suffered some writer's block midway through. To work it all out, I set it aside and began to write a very different genre with “Lies Inside”. Writing two very different genres, I was able to stretch my imagination in ways I never knew I was capable of. I was lucky enough to find a story that was posted on The Writer's Coffee Shop website and let's just say the rest is history. I started working with the new publishing house in May 2010 and released “Lies Inside” on December 30th, 2010. Now, I'm just a few weeks away from the release of “Redemption” and I'm on cloud nine. It has been a lot of hard work, sweat, and more than a few tears, but I believe the journey has been more than worth it. I plan to continue on with my writing with the “Redemption” sequel, “Revisited”, and at least one more in the series after that. I have an idea box full with other possible stories. As long as you all keep reading, I'll keep writing.

In the next two weeks, watch for my new posts on the character bios page and other thoughts everyday leading up to the “Redemption” release on May 26th. I have a few ideas for giveaways in the works, so stay tuned for those. Until then, happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey. Wonderful blog. I am enjoying it and look forward to reading more. I am a new follower. I would love a visit/follow on my blog if you have a moment. Thanks. Donna
    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new blog. Know you'll have great success. I'm at http://writegame.blogspot.com and would love your visit.

    Great to connect with readers and people who have to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, cleemckenzie. I checked it out and I'm now following. Looking forward to your updates..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of the role reversal - she's the immortal one and he's human - that's a nice twist on what is still an enormously popular theme.

    ReplyDelete